Synthetic Iron Oxide Pigment Project (SIOP)
Synthetic Iron Oxide Pigment Project plant involved drying of both red and yellow iron oxide pigments. Spin Flash Dryer (SFD) plants were used to achieve the desired moisture level in both the pigments. Some images from the SIOP project site.
SIOP Project Salient Aspects
The following paragraphs enumerates the salient aspects of SIOP project.
- Project had Export Oriented Unit (EOU) status and hence the level of documentation for tax compliance was more and was of complex nature.
- Iron oxide cake threw up lots of challenges during the commissioning phase of the project. Remedial measures include redesigning the screw conveyors.
- Stakeholders were more and had varying nature of demands and expectations from the project.
- Spin flash dryer was part of a large greenfield project hence detailed level of planning had to be carried out during the erection phase of the project.
- The screw conveyor feeding the cake into the dryer was redesigned by the project manager. The project team further integrated the new design of screw conveyor into the existing spin flash dryer
2 thoughts on “Synthetic Iron Oxide Pigment (SIOP) Project”
Comments are closed.